1st (weekly, monthly, quarterly yearly????? only time will tell) Adventure Day

It's been a very busy weekend around here. Yesterday we celebrated my 29th birthday by hitting Steelyard Commons for some back to school shopping. Much to Dermot's dismay, it was a girls day out with me, the girls, Grandma Ginny, and Auntie Debbie.

The girls found their new favoriate apparel store ..Rue21..and Asthent liked it so much, she even applied for a job on the spot. While Steelyard Commons is not necessarily my first choice of shopping area for er to work at ...a job is a job, so I'll keep my fingers crosse.d

Today, I decided that I wanted everyone out from in front of the TV, so I called up Auntie Debbie, and off we went.

We started off at the NASA Glen visitors center. They had a really cool movie about working and living in space that the kids just loved, and then thy got to see all kinds of cool stuff about the space program, Right now Deirdre and Dermot are enyoying their "Astronaut Ice Cream".

(If you click the slideshow below, it will take you into the photo album itself)




Next, since we were so close, we headed to the Rocky River Nature center. We took the kids on one of the hiking trails While Deb and I waited at the bottom, they made the treck up the 15 story staircaise to look at the birds eye view of the valley. They said it was really pretty, I'll take their word for it.

Ashten was a bit worn out after all that climbing, so we stopped at the outdoor ampitheater, and the kids all took their turn putting on a mini show for us while we rested.

Inside the nature center, they of course loved all of the tactile exhibits.



By this time of course, everyone was starving, so we hit Steak N Shake on the way home for dinner. All in all, it was a really fun day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff Suzanne. Looked like a great way to spend #29. Den