An eventful Friday

Well, it was an eventful Friday for the Ohio Healy Clan.

Ashten and her friends found 4 stray kittens in the middle of Madison Avenue a few days ago, and they managed to find homes for all but this little guy. Not being heartless, I said that he could stay.....outside....until we could figure out what to do with him. Ashten and Allie were vehemently opposed to taking him to a shelter..saying it was just like "pancake" all over again.

Deb came over and helped them fix him up a warm place to sleep with some shelter, and we fed him and gave him some water.

I should have known I was in trouble when Mark arrived home from work the next morning with a bag of kitten chow. But outside he stayed. Then of course I felt bad because he had fleas and mites, and I didn't want the poor little thing to suffer.. so I sent Ashten off to the store to buy the stuff that our vet had recommended to Mark when he had called to find out what it would cost to keep the little guy.

Well, when we checked the weather last night and found out it was going to storm today, I knew I would cave. Ashten's friends had named him Oliver....well none of us really cared for that. Mark had taken to calling him "big dummy" because he liked to sleep on the truck tire and didn't like to get out of the way when we needed to drive...which Beeka nixed. Deirdre wanted to call him Tommy after Tom in what else? Tom and Jerry. Next up for consideration.. Grady.. I think the logic was that this little thing was climbing my porch screen trying to get into the house, and Grady Sizemore climbs walls? The name that they all finally agreed on was Jonas. As far as Mark's concerned it's from some obsure bands song.. My Name is Jonas...and well, you know what the kids think it's after.

The end result is the same..we now have a new member of our family...meet Jonas. Biscuit is NOT and I repeat NOT happy about the new addition to our household. I haven't seen their interactions yet, but according to Mark, it's not pretty....lots of hissing and meowing. And Jonas had the NERVE to try and go into our room.....oh no, this is not going to be a good scene.

But he's a cutie isn't he?





And speaking of cuties....today was the first Ranger's home game..and Allie and Ashten were off in the rain to cheer our team on! Here they are sporting their "war paint"... and Deirdre..being Deridre decided that since she is oficiallly a Ranger now too, should be included in their game day pic!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: